There have been several rumours surrounding Atletico Madrid forward Antoine Griezmann in the last few months. The striker has been linked with a move to the English Premier league with Manchester United being one of the heavily interested clubs. The striker is expected to cost around £ 85 million, as United are more keen on […]
Fernando Torres has been named one of the worst January signings as the winter window draws to a close. The Spaniard was excellent for Atletico Madrid, captaining the side from a young age and leading the strike force. He arrived Liverpool highly recommended and celebrated. He lived up to expectations again but on moving to […]
The Madrid derby is set to take place this weekend in the La Liga, and it sure promises to be a cracker.
Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane would be keen on breaking Atletico Madrid’s stranglehold at the last Madrid derby at the Vincente Calderon Stadium.
For a very long time, Real were always winners when both sides met. However, Diego Simeone singlehandedly changed such records. Since a 2-1 win at the Calderon three years back, their city rivals have won four games and two have ended in a draw.
This season has not been a memorable one for Fernando Torres as he has been struggling just to find a starting role in Athletic Madrid as the Spanish attacker has managed to get consistent time in the pitch for league matches but mostly as a substitute player.
The head coach of Athletic Madrid, Diego Simeone prefers to utilize the services of Antoine Griezmann and Kevin Gameiro as his main attacking options as those are the players that are regular starters in Athletic Madrid and Fernando Torres has had to settle with a place on the sidelines with limited time on the actual pitch for particular matches.
Even though Fernando Torres is not playing a very influential role in Athletic Madrid, especially for a player that used to be such a key figure a few years ago, Torres is excited about having to compete for a spot in the first-team of Athletic Madrid as he said:
Fernando Torres believes that it is the right time for Atletico Madrid to face Barcelona and he is confident that his team can cause troubles.
He believes that there is not a big difference between both teams and that his team is genuine contenders for the title.
Atletico Madrid has just won three games in a row, and Fernando Torres believes that this is the right time to face Barcelona. He said that the spirit is high throughout the team and that the players are confident that they can get a good result in the game.
With Real Madrid having a 100% record so far in the season, it is important that both teams win if they do not want to be distanced in the title race.
Top Spanish outfit Atletico Madrid is hoping for the best when the season kicks off despite a few stumbles on the way in the pre season games.
The team is set to open the La Liga at home against newly promoted Alaves on Sunday. The third placed team in the last campaign is hoping to cause an upset as they did a few years ago to lift the La Liga.
Fernando Torres was pictured with his partner enjoying his break after being snubbed by Vicente Del Bosque for the Spain national team at the Euro 2016. The player treated himself to a trip to the Maldives.
Torres ended the last campaign with 12 goals and five assists in 44 appearances in all competitions for Diego Simeone’s men. His performance was a much better one compared to his previous campaigns with the likes of Chelsea and AC Milan. Del Bosque decided to not take him to France, with the Spain coach opting to select the likes of Alvaro Morata and Aritz Aduriz instead at the tournament where Torres once helped win.
Torres himself is still having concerns about his future with Australian A-league side Sydney FC saying they would not be able to cope with the huge weekly wages the player commands. The 32-year old striker was linked with a move away this summer though there are reports that Simeone wants him to remain at Atlectico.
Atletico Madrid striker, Fernando Torres has been ranked poorly for his performance in the final of the UEFA Champions games against Real Madrid played over the weekend. The Spain international was inconsolable after the loss of the match played at the San Siro.
Torres was reduced to tears in what seemed a repeat of the 2014 final where Atletico Madrid lost to their rivals despite putting up a strong attempt. Then, the same Diego Simeone led team were up in the game by 1-0 and were also set to lift the Champions League trophy for the first time since 1956. They led till the final minute before a Sergio Ramos header forced the game to extra time. Madrid capitulated on the equalizer and weakness of the Atletico side to defeat them a surprising 4-1.
Fernando Torres has recorded an impressive goal form after returning to his former club, Atletico Madrid.
The striker scored in four consecutive games for the first time since his move to English Premier League side, Liverpool. The centre forward who is 32 years old had this same form last in March 2010. The Spaniard has struck up an amazing partnership with team mate, Koke.
Former Lyon and Chelsea player, FlorentMalouda is currently playing in Egypt with WadiDegla. Previously the former French international was playing in the Indian Super League with Delhi Dynamos.
FlorentMalouda came to the big stage in the French league when he was playing with Guingamp. He formed an excellent partnership with Didier Drogba in attack, and together they manage some important goal for the French side.